1. Dorving, F. 1988. Farming for Fuel. New York: Praeger.
2. ERAB. 1980. Gasohol. Washington, DC: Energy Research Advisory Board, U.S.
Department of Energy.
3. ERAB. 1981. Biomass Energy. Washington, DC: Energy Research Advisory Board, U.S.
Department of Energy.
4. FAO. 1991. Food Balance Sheets. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United
5. FAO. 1996. Quarterly Bulletin of Statistics. FAO Quarterly Bulletin of Statistics 9: 1-121.
6. GAO. 1990. Alcohol Fuels. Washington, DC: U.S. General Accounting Office,
7. Giampietro, M., S. Ulgiati, and D. Pimentel. 1997. Feasibility of large-scale biofuel
production. BioScience 47 (9): 587-600.
8. Lal, R. and B.A. Stewart. 1990. Soil Degradation. New York: Springer-Verlag.
9. Lal, R. and F.J. Pierce. 1991. Soil Management for Sustainability. Ankeny, Iowa: Soil and
Water Conservation Soc. in Coop. with World Assoc. of Soil and Water Conservation and
Soil Sci. Soc. of Amer.
10. Nielson, E.G. and L.K. Lee. 1987. The Magnitude and Costs of Groundwater Contamination
from Agricultural Chemicals. U.S. Dept. of Agr., Econ. Res. Ser., Nat., Res. Econ. Div.,
Staff. Re., AGES 870318.
11. Parry, M. 1990. Climate Change and World Agriculture. London: Earthscan Publications,
12. Peterson, C.L., M.E. Casada, L.M. Safley, and J.D. Broder. 1995. Potential production of
agriculturally produced fuels. Applied Engineering in Agriculture 11(6): 767-772.
13. Pimentel, D. 1991. Ethanol fuels: Energy security, economics, and the environment. J. Agr.
Environ. Ethics 4: 1-13.
14. Pimentel, D. 1992. Energy inputs in production agriculture. In Energy in World Agriculture,
ed. R.C. Fluck. pp. 13-29. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
15. Pimentel, D. 1997. Techniques for Reducing Pesticides: Environmental and Economic
Benefits. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons.
16. Pimentel, D., C. Harvey, P. Resosudarmo, K. Sinclair, D. Kurz, M. McNair, S. Crist, L.
Sphpritz, L. Fitton, R. Saffouri, and R. Blair. 1995. Environmental and economic costs of soil
erosion and conservation benefits. Science 267: 1117-1123.
17. Pimentel, D., X. Huang, A. Cardova, and M. Pimentel. 1997. Impact of population growth on
food supplies and environment. Population and Environment 19(1): 9-14.
18. Sparks Commodities. 1990. Impacts of the Richardson Amendment to H.R. 3030 on U.S.
Agricultural Sector. McLean, VA: Sparks Commodities, Inc., Washington Division.
19. Troeh, F.R, J.A Hobbs, and R.L. Donahue. 1991. Soil and Water Conservation. 2nd ed.,
Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
20. USBC. 1996. Statistical Abstract of the United States. 201st ed. Washington, DC: U.S.
Bureau of the Census, U.S. Government Printing Office.
21. USDA. 1989. Agricultural Statistics. Washington, DC: USDA.