Sayings A to Z - Some Humor Some Commentary
(-Back to home page-)
- We are always unsure of ourselves and lack confidence when we are dealing with the unknown.
- What you are speaks so loudly that people cannot hear what you say.
- What counts is not the number of hours you put in, but what you put into the hours.
- What you practice, not what you preach, is what you spread.
- What were you worrying about last Monday?
- When you sing your own praises you may sound out of tune to your listeners.
- When God wants to make an oak, He takes a hundred years; but when He wants to make a squash, He requires only two months.
- Who is first silent in a quarrel springs from a good family.
- Why be disagreeable when with just a little effort you can be a real stinker?
- Wise people learn by others; harms, fools scarcely by their own.
- If you would have a faithful servant, and one that you like, serve yourself.
- Wish will never make it so, but work will fix it so that if you think you can, you will.
- With proper care the human body will last a lifetime.