Sayings - Some Humor Some Commentary
- The ability to be gracious in both victory and defeat is the mark of a true sportsman.
- The secret to being miserable is to take time to wonder whether you are happy or not.
- The more we know about it - the more confidence we will have in dealing with it.
- The person who tried their best and failed is superior to the person who never tried.
- The person who wakes up and finds themselves famous hasn't been asleep.
- The people you know who are the most successful, and enjoy life the most, are those who 'have a way' with other people --- not necessarily those with the most brains, the most skill.
- There is a destiny that makes us brothers, none goes his way alone. All that we send in the lives of others, come back into our own.
- There is a lost of room in the world for a winner, but the 'standing room only' sign is always up for the loser.
- There are two ways of treating gossip about other people, and they're both good ways. One is not to listen to it, and the other is not to repeat it.
- There are two sides to everything - including a sheet of flypaper - but it makes a lot of difference to the fly which sides it's on.
- There's really only one thing wrong with the younger generation . . . a lot of us don't belong to it anymore.
- Think of what you are going to do, not how you are going to do.
- Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
- Those who have free seats at the play hiss first.
- To lose one's temper because of somebody else is to punish one's self for another's shortcoming.
- Too many itch for something they are too lazy to scratch for.
- Truth is as clear as a bell but not always tolled.
- Visualize it, dream it, and get into the habit of thinking of victory.
(-Back to home page-)