Sayings - Some Humor Some Commentary
- Before you louse it up - THINK. After you've loused it up - SMILE.
- Better keep yourself clean and bright. You are the window through which you must see the world.
- Blessed are they who run around in circles for they shall be called WHEELS.
- Books that have helped me - My mother's cook book and my father's check book.
- Correct your own mistakes before criticizing others.
- Criticism is something you can avoid easily - by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing.
- Do not be afraid to serve humanity and wait for your rewards - Naismith
- Do a good deed and throw it into the sea; it won't sink.
- Even if great thoughts come from the heart, it is better that they would emerge through the head.
- Everything turns upon a trifle, for the want of a nail the shoe was lost, for the want of a shoe the horses was lost, and for the want of a horses the rider was lost, being overtaken and slain by the enemy; all for want or care about a horse shoe nail.
- For age and want, save while you may; no morning sun lasts a whole day.
- For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name - He writes, not that you won or lost, but how you played the game!
- Genius! One who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it.
- Give me this day my daily opinion and forgive me the one I had yesterday.
- Gossip - the art of saying nothing in a way the leaves nothing unsaid.
- Happiness is a habit - cultivate it.
(-Back to home page-)