- Subject: Weird Facts
- 'Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand
- And 'lollipop' is the longest word typed with your right hand. (Bet you tried this out mentally, didn't you?)
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
- 'Dreamt' is the only Englis h word that ends in the letters 'mt'. (Are you doubting this?)
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth,
- but our nose and ears
- never stop growing.
- The sentence: 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' uses every letter of the alphabet. (Now, you KNOW you're going to try this out for accuracy, right?
- The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes). (Yep, I knew you were going to 'do' this one.)
- There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous. (You're not doubting this, are you?)
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.' (Yes, admit it, you are going to say, a e i o u)
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard. (All you typists are going to test this out)
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. (Some days that's about what my memory span is.)
- A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- A snail can sleep for three years. (I know some people that could do this too.!)
- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that also)
- Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- If the population of China walked past you, 8 abreast, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite!
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
- The cruise liner, QE 2
- moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket. (Good thing he did that.)
- The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls
- froze completely solid.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Winston Churchill
- was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Now you know more than you did before!!
This page created and maintained by Dave Palmer
(-Back to home page-)