HOW TO PROPERLY PLACE NEW EMPLOYEES
- 1. Put 400 bricks in a closed room.
- 2. Put your new hires in the room and close thedoor.
- 3. Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours.
- 4. Then analyze the situation:
- a. If they are counting the bricks, put them in the Accounting Department.
- b. If they are recounting them, put them in Auditing.
- c. If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks, put them in Engineering.
- d. If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in Planning.
- e. If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in Operations.
- f. If they are sleeping, put them in Security.
- g. If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in Information Technology.
- h. If they are sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.
- i. If they say they have tried different combinations, they are looking for more, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in Sales.
- j. If they have already left for the day, put them in Management.
- k. If they are staring out of the window, put them in Strategic Planning.
- l. If they are talking to each other, and not asingle brick has been moved, congratulate them and put them in Top Management .
- m. Finally, if they have surrounded themselves with bricks in such a way that they can neither be seen nor heard from, put them in Congress.
This page created and maintained by Dave Palmer
(-Back to home page-)