- Don't name a pig you plan to eat.
- Country fences need to be horse high, pig tight, and bull strong.
- Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
- Keep skunks and lawyers at a distance.
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stumps.
- A bumble bee is faster than a John Deere tractor.
- Trouble with a milk cow is she won't stay milked.
- Don't skinny dip with snapping turtles.
- Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.
- Meanness don't happen overnight.
- To know how country folks are doing, look at their barns, not their houses.
- Never lay an angry hand on a kid or an animal, it just ain't helpful.
- Teachers, Moms, and hoot owls sleep with one eye open.
- Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads.
- Don't sell your mule to buy a plow.
- Two can live as cheap as one if one don't eat.
- Don't corner something meaner than you.
- You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, assuming you want to catch flies.
- Man is the only critter who feels the need to label things as flowers or weeds.
- It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
- Don't go huntin' with a fellow named Chug-A-Lug.
- You can't unsay a cruel thing.
- Every path has some puddles.
- Don't wrestle with pigs: You'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it.
- The best sermons are lived, not preached.
- Most of the stuff people worry about never happens.
- The Ten Commandments display was removed from the Alabama Supreme Court building. There was a good reason for the move. You can't post Thou Shalt Not Steal, Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery and Thou Shall Not Lie in a building full of lawyers and politicians without creating a hostile work environment.
This page created and maintained by Dave Palmer
(-Back to home page-)