Not mine but pretty darn good...
Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those long and boring conference calls?
Here's a way to change all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare your "Bullshit Bingo" card by drawing a square -- I find that 5" x 5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns -- five across and five down. That will give you 25, 1" blocks. You may want more blocks, as needed.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
take that off-line
out of the loop
think outside the box
empower (or empowerment)
at the end of the day
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"
* "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won." --Jack W., Boston
* "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically." --David D., Florida
* "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win." --Bill R., New York City
* "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." --Ben G., Denver
* "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed "BULLSHIT!" for the third time in two hours." --Kathleen L., Atlanta
This page created and maintained by Dave Palmer
(-Back to home page-)